Having clean and well-manicured hands says a lot about your personality! Read about these tips and ideas for hand care.
It is said that even if you have no words to express it, your hands can tell innumerable stories about your life! Taking care of your hands is as good as taking care of your skin and body. They can tell the age of person, their background and a lot more that sees the eye. There is no point in having gorgeous nails, dressing up in fancy clothes or pampering yourself if your hands are neglected. More often than not, the hands play an important role in communication such as expression of self and emphasis of a point. They can be described as the most-used part of your body. Thus, it is your responsibility to take good care of your hands and treat them well. Spending a few minutes on a quick manicure will leave you with enviable hands! For a better insight into achieving soft and beautiful hands (nails included), read this article and start grooming yourself the right way!
Hand Care Tips
- Use gloves while washing dishes and clothing and also heavy duty chores such as gardening.
- While washing your hands, use mild pH soaps and make it a point to immediately apply lotion on them. Do not let the skin on hands dehydrate as this leads to the formation of wrinkles.
- Get manicures from reputable spas or nail salons that practice good sanitation. Make sure that all the equipment has been pre-sterilized to avoid chances of infection.
- Exposure to the sun leads to damage of skin. Thus it is recommended that you use a sunscreen lotion or sun-block cream before venturing out.
- One of the best ways to avoid fungal infections is to keep the hands warm and patting it dry after washing. Coldness of hands often affects the body's immune system by leading to illnesses such as influenza and sore throats.
- Special treatments such as a warm oil bath and herbal therapies can keep your hands soft and supple forever. Even simply soaking your palms in hot water mixed with glycerin, lemon juice and rose water can be of great help in acquiring supple skin.
- The position of your computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse can have a profound effect on your hands. Repetitive motions such as typing and mouse-clicking can result in tired, sore hands or even inflammation such as Carpal-Tunnel syndrome. To correct this, make sure that your mouse is easily reachable and that your keyboard is positioned at a comfortable level.
- Deficiencies in Vitamin B can cause ridged nail beds. Lack of calcium can result in brittle and dry nails that chip off easily. For this purpose, be sure to eat foods high in these vitamins or take supplements to improve the look of your nails.
Hand Care Treatments
Rosewater Hand Massage:
Mix about 1tsp of glycerin, lemon juice and 5 drops of rose water in a small bottle. Use it to massage your hands and cuticles for atleast 15-30 minutes.
Take 1cup of bottled water, the juice of 1 lemon, 1tbsp of aloe vera gel and 10 drops of lemon essential oil. Use it as a finger soak for about 10 minutes, alternating each hand.
Nail Manicure Treatment:
Take a bowl and mix equal parts of distilled water and witch hazel, 1 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp alum powder. Soak your nails for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Proceed with rinsing with cool water. Repeat for both hands and discard the mixture.
How To Keep Hands Beautiful & Soft
- Cucumber juice and glycerin can be mixed and applied on the hands once a day. This gives a moisturizing as well as a fresh look.
- Another great tip to keep your hands looking beautiful is a combination of milk cream, ground almond, glycerin and lemon juice. This bleaches your hands as well as removes the dead cells.
- Honey and orange juice contains AHA that proves to be an excellent way to keep your hands protected from the harsh rays of the sun and remove the tan.
- Application of egg white also makes a good hand mask. It makes the skin tight and prevents formation of wrinkles.
Beautiful hands are the result of dedicated hand care and maintenance. Follow the above mentioned tips and keep your skin looking soft, supple, young and beautiful forever!