Every bride wants to look her best on the wedding day. Ideally, the preparations and grooming sessions start a few months earlier. To look gorgeous on the main day is not an easy task and requires more than a day's effort. Diet and fitness training must be complimented to the application of cosmetics. One of the major things you have to take into consideration is that your skin must have a natural glow. Drinking water and avoiding consumption of junk food is the first step. Using good products on your skin and exfoliating is going to make you the world's prettiest bride. One of the biggest worries is emotions running high and makeup running down your cheeks! This could definitely result in a disaster. Your eyes might be puffy or swollen due to strain; for this purpose use slices of cucumber to relieve them. Getting adequate sleep will render you fresh and beautiful for the morning ahead. Read about these makeup tips for the eyes and lips to make you look your ravishing best for the wedlock.
Makeup Tips For Eyes And Lips
Most brides look for tips and ideas regarding their makeup on the big day. Read some of these makeup tips for eyes and lips and corrective makeup with foundation in the following article.
Bridal Makeup Tips And Ideas
- Check your face in an adequately lighted area to see if you have any tan marks on your neck or face. If you do find patches of different colors on your body then go for tan removal sessions. Do not wait until last day or rely on instant tan removers. They may not work and in worse case scenarios, they might cause skin irritations.
- For a basic look, apply a brown eye shadow on the eyelids and white or silver on the outer sides. Avoid using pink if you are fair, as this makes you appear pale. The eyes also look smaller. Instead, try on bronze, dark brown or maroon shades.
- Eyeliners are a must since they make your eyes look bigger and more beautiful. The safest color to use is black. Apply a thin coat of liner starting from the edge of your eyes and make it thicker along the curve. You can use a silver or white eye pencil along the lower eye line. Use waterproof eyeliners.
- Mascara must also be waterproof and basic colors such as black or neutral are preferred. You may opt for navy blue if it complements your dress. Avoid being outrageous!
- Match your lipstick with your dress. Hues and shades of crimson and pink will enhance the poutiness and color of your lips. Make sure it blends well with the colored dye on your dress. Go in a for a lip liner that merges with the lipstick color. This gives it a soft and glossy look which looks good in photographs as well. It is believed that thinner and smaller lips look more sensuous with light lip colors while fuller lips become more prominent with deeper shades.
- One of the biggest tricks of the trade is either place the focus on the eyes or on lips. Underplay the other with neutral pinks or shades of brown.
- Do not forget to wear a blusher. Light shades of pink and peach give you the coy-bride look. It also highlights the natural color of your cheeks. But make sure that you don't overdo it and end up looking like a circus clown!
- Too much shimmer or too many unconventional colors as makeup only loses the plot. Bridal makeup needs to make you look radiant and pure. So stick the basics.
Corrective Makeup With Foundation
- First, use a concealer to hide any blemishes. Now when you choose a foundation make sure that it is not very pink as this makes your face look artificial.
- Apply it gently on your face and spread it evenly. Opt for a color tone that is a shade lighter than your skin tone.
- Be wary of the type of foundation you are purchasing. Make sure that it is oil-free as heat can create smudgy patches.
- Dab some translucent powder on your face so that holds the makeup together and hence stays for a longer period of time. For people with greasy skin, loose powder helps in achieving the matt look.
It is advisable that you try on makeup before the D-day. Remember to follow all the above bridal makeup tips and be the prettiest bride the world has ever seen!