Eyebrows give a definition to the face and groom them to making it look cleaner and more beautiful. They have the ability to make your eyes appear larger and more expressive. A natural eyebrow look can be achieved by using brow colors with the help of a short brush with stiff bristles. Heavy brows add a Neolithic look to your face which gives a wild and powerful appearance. Good-looking and well-defined eyebrows run a chance of enhancing your best features such as cheekbones, forehead and sometimes even the nose. Therefore it is important that you keep your eyebrows in a perfect condition and maintain them too. Normal techniques to do so are threading and tweezing. Disadvantages of having messy and shapeless eyebrows can even ruin your makeup. The next section provides you with some useful tips that could be useful in determining the nature of your eyebrows.
How To Use Eyebrow Pencil, Brow Color And Tweezer
Read about makeup tips for eyebrows, ideas for eyebrow shaping and waxing, how to use eyebrow pencil, brow color and tweezer.
Makeup Tips For Eyebrows
- There are eyebrow gels available in market that can be used to tame unmanageable eyebrow hair and put them in place. If you are reluctant to buy this gel, then you could use a normal hairspray. You could sprinkle some onto a toothbrush and comb through the brow for a better look. Remember to spread the eyebrow gel evenly, by avoiding lumps, to get a perfect shape of your eyebrows. This gel when used on skin might have adverse effects.
- An easy painless way to tweeze your eyebrows is to do it right after a shower. Pluck out hair that is only present underneath your brows so that it retains the overall shape. Several people have natural beautifully shaped eyebrows that require definition rather than alteration!
- If you are not very fond of tweezing or threading then you could resort to waxing. This can be a bit cumbersome and must be done only in professional parlors. You may also try a wax kit that is available in most markets, but try and avoid this as the area near your eyes is very sensitive.
- Eyebrows that are thin and scare are quite difficult to handle because of the need to use an eyebrow pencil to make it seem thicker. For this, take a soft pencil and draw out the shape that you want to define. Then fill it in accordingly.
- If you have plucked your eyebrows quickly and the skin has become irritated, a wet tea bag placed on the spot can provide relief. This method helps to soothe the skin and act as a moisturizer for the brows too.
- Choosing the correct eyebrow color is essential or else, it will make your eyebrows look artificial. The brows are lighter than your hair. Therefore match the color of the pencil to the eyebrows and not the hair! If you are using a black eyebrow pencil, then do not darken the brow hair too much or else it could resemble a character out of a gothic movie!
- If you have changed your hair color and want to change your brow color too, you could opt for dyeing your eyebrows. But, be wary when selecting an optimum shade!
- Next we come to the topic of using eye shadow that is similar to the color of your eyebrow or hair. While picking these tones, you must keep in mind that when eye shadow is applied to the skin, it appears one shade darker than the original. Use larger brush strokes for applying eye shadow on the outer edge of the eyebrow.
- The last step is to calculate the arch of your eyebrows by using the ruler. It must start from the side of your nose to the same line on the outer corner of the eye. The high point should be on the external side of the pupil.
Application of these makeup tips to the eyebrows will make your facial features appear shaper and more clearly defined. But as far as possible, maintain a natural look and shape of the eyebrows.