Summer means needs extra attention to skin and makeup! With the increasing temperatures and humidity in your area, the makeup which you apply is bound to react very differently with the delicate epidermal layers. You must keep in mind that even though you might be using a product since eternity, the effect is has on your skin could vary with during the summers. Light and bright makeup is usually designed for people living in climates with a scorching summer sun. Due to the intensity of heat, any sort of cosmetics applied tend to get ruined quickly. Mascaras, lipsticks and eyeliners can be called 'makeup spoilers'. This is because they melt and get smudged all over your face. What's worse is individuals who are prone to the outburst of acne face a nightmare during the summers. Their oil zones start producing more oils to compensate for the dryness. To top it off, the makeup applied clogs the skin's pores leading to bad skin conditions. The trick here is to use lesser makeup and let your skin breathe. There are few tips listed below that can be of great help in summer season.
Makeup Secrets For Hot Days
Know more about summer makeup tips, light makeup ideas for hot climates and makeup secrets for hot days in the following article.
Summer Makeup Tips
- In summer, befriend your sunscreen lotion! Always be careful before buying one. Keep in mind the amount of SPF that your skin can tolerate. The higher the SPF the better is the protection against UV rays. But this also means a higher rate of clogged pores.
- Use products that are Aloe Vera based. This soothes your skin as well as gives it a fresh tinge. The antiseptic properties of the Aloe plant ensure that you do not develop heat boils during the summer.
- Avoid moisturizers that are sticky or oil-based. Sebum production is unusually high during this time and if the skin receives added moisturizing, there could be a possibility of pimples.
- Try using gel products. Nowadays there are several face washes, creams and night creams that are available in this form. The benefits of these items are that it does not block your skin. Another option is the mint based gel which has a cooling effect on your skin.
- Apply only mineral-based power. Sprinkle a small amount and sport an absolutely gorgeous sun-kissed look! The purpose of this powder is that it balances out the oil on your face. Some of these products also come with sunscreen.
- Mascara is a staple cosmetic product that is required by women all year long. Unlike popular belief, they can be used during the summers as often as in any other season. If you looking out for a way to wear this look, it is better to use waterproof mascara since the chances of it melting and spoiling your eye makeup is less.
- It is always advisable to use lip gloss instead of lipstick when the conditions are too hot. Lipsticks can be very messy, especially if the quality is bad. On the other hand, when you choose a lip balm, buy one with a lemon or cherry or watermelon flavor as this keeps you refreshed and renewed. If you are one of those girls who cannot survive without lipsticks then purchase a matt coated finish product. This comes in bright colors as well as does not melt.
- Choosing the right color for your lips is equally important. Restrict yourself to nude or pink shades of lip gloss. In case of lipstick, you could go in for light shades of pink, purple, peach or neutral.
- Summer is the perfect time to pamper yourself! Get a manicure and pedicure by choosing vibrant colors of nail polish. Sandals and chappals are the most preferred form of footwear since it highlights your lovely looking feet!
- Intense heat might leads to sweating and this gets accumulated in the hair of your scalp and eventually results in dandruff. Thus, it is a good habit to change your shampoo during the summer. Opt for ones that are mild and have special ingredients that help you beat the heat.
These are the few summer makeup tips that will help you look garden fresh and vibrant. Get out of the house and show off your makeup!