The lips frame one of the gentlest parts of your body. Owing to this, they undergo a tough time during the winters and dry seasons. Lack of moisture causes dry and chapped lips which eventually lead to lesions and bleeding. Terrible looking lips pave the way to embarrassment in public! So there are lip balms which help in keeping your lips moisturized and thus, rendering you with smoother and softer lips. Contrary to popular belief, you need lip balms in the summers too! Balms with a certain amount of SPF will protect you from the harsh rays of the sun. Chapsticks with petroleum jelly is a good investment. A better alternative to this is a balm that contains Shea butter as the main ingredient. It has been proven to be very effective in increasing the capacity of lip skin cells in order to retain moisture and regain its elasticity. You can also go in for an organic version of a balm, which helps in hydrating your lips without the use of chemicals. If you want soft, pink and luscious lips, then work on giving it special care and the privilege of a lip balm!
Lip Balm Benefit
Lip balms helps enormously in protecting the lips from becoming chapped and dry. Read about chapstick lip balms and the benefits of lip balms in this article.
- Lip balms are used to make the lips soft just like how body lotion is used to make your skin smooth and silky. It acts as a shield in protecting your lips from getting dry and chapped.
- Balms keep your lips hydrated and give them a luscious look. A lip balm with a sunscreen is very helpful in keeping your delicate lips supple and moist.
- Take proper precaution during the cold and windy weather. Avoid licking and biting your lips and make sure you drink adequate amount of water. You must remember that lips get easily damaged because the skin underneath is thin.
- Due to the extreme sunlight, the vermilion border of your lips could be lost. To protect these skin cells from getting damaged, lip balms serve as the best medicine.
- Lip balms reduce the development of cold sores and thus making your lips look pink and kissable! To select an organic lip balm is one of the most feasible options. Choose one that keeps your lips hydrated for a longer duration and gives it a smooth touch.
- Lips look beautiful and attractive only if they are healthy. Applying makeup on dry, chapped and dark lips will not make them more pleasing or appealing. It generally invites unwanted attention. The main purpose of a lip balm is to provide an occlusive layer on the surface of the lips to seal in the moisture and protect your lips from the external environment.
- Lip balms made of beeswax or petroleum jelly or Shea butter prevent moisture loss and make your lips elastic. There are certain flavors which can provide additional and specific benefits!
- A balm can be applied with a finger or with the tube itself. This is done mainly to soothe the bruised lips and cease it from bleeding. A regular application of lip balm is really the best solution for maintaining the sensuousness of lips.
The ingredients and texture within lip balm protects the lips by capturing natural moisture and thus make your lips smooth, soft, pink and nourished. Hence, you can say that a lip balm is the gateway to your best ever kisses!