Sacha Guitry once mentioned that, "Two things make women unforgettable, their tears and their perfume".
A perfume is that part of a woman that emulates her personality traits. Every woman should have a personal collection of scents that bring out a sophisticated and energized aura to her beauty. With several celebrities launching their very own fragrances, it has become a fashion commodity. There is slight twist in the function of these aromas; they not only maintain a level of freshness in the body but also attract the opposite sex! Sometimes designer labels and sparkling jewelry may not get noticed as much as the whiff of a perfume does. These delicate scents lend a sense of understated elegance and sensuality to your aura, making it more appealing. These tips below will guide to emitting a beautiful odour and yet remain cool and fresh throughout the day! Read on to know more on the various facts to be considered before choosing your fragrance.
Types Of Fragrances
The first rule of making a good impression: be fragrant and fresh! We present a guide to perfumes and fragrances and perfume wearing tips.
Perfume Wearing Tips
- Citrus: Most of these scents are made out of the peel of citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, grapefruit etc and it lends a certain amount of freshness.
- Floral: One of the most popular scents in the perfume industry is the floral and it includes smells of flowers such as rose, jasmine and lavender.
- Oriental: The oriental fragrance is a blend of aromatic spices, flowers and woody components that are a tease to your senses.
- Fougere: This type of scent is a mix of different aromatic herbs and fresh mossy ferns that represent a modern chic woman.
- Green: The green perfume is ideal for women who love the outdoors and have a sporty personality. It has a distinctive smell of grass, juniper, pine or herbs.
Guide to Perfumes & Fragrances
- With over a hundred different perfumes on the shelf, you are probably puzzled by which one to choose or which one suits you best. Before the actual purchase, be clear on what kind of scent you are looking for. For example, if you like natural smells then pick something along the lines of tea tree or fruity flavours.
- Don't be swayed by brands, fancy packaging or your favorite celebrity on the cover! Remember that your scent has to represent your personal style. Choose wisely by keeping in mind your budget as perfumes can be overly priced.
- Avoid trying out too many fragrances at the same time. Chances are that you will be further confused and this might deter your selection process. Ideally it has been suggested not to try out more than four at a time. Sniff coffee beans, between testing, to sort your nasal buds out!
- Feel free to interact with the salesperson and let them know about your preferences because in most stores you will find fragrance experts, who might have adequate knowledge on what you are looking for.
- Not many of us are aware that the true characteristic of a perfume surfaces only a few minutes after it is sprayed on. Once you have finalized on a particular fragrance, ask for a tester and dab a little on the corners of your wrist (they are known to smell different on skin and on paper).
- After going through various retail outlets and online, you have to know the right way to use a perfume since there are chances of evaporation! Make sure your favourite fragrance lasts for the longest time on your body by learning some of the tips of its application.
- It is usually believed that a scent stays longer on oily skin rather than the dry skin. Others believe that the pulse point in your body is the best areas to apply it. Squirting a little on the back of your wrist, in your cleavage or just below your ear lobes are other places of usage.
- Try making use of a bathing soap, moisturizer or a body lotion that has a similar aroma as that of your fragrance. This helps in retaining the strong scents on your body for longer hours.
Everyone has a distinctive perfume and fragrance that underlines their best attribute. So what's yours?