Read about tips on enhancing nail growth, interesting facts about nail growth, ideas for long nails and how to grow nails.
Nail Growth Ideas
Did you know that the state of your nails reflect the health of your body? Many people don't know that nail breakage, splitting, discoloration and other problems are strongly related to poor diet and lifestyle. So, the first thing that one should do, to improve the state of the nails and to enhance their growth, is to have work towards a healthy body. Remember that unless the condition of the nails is good they won't grow properly. Some of the other factors that can be linked to delayed nail growth are frequent washing, humid environment, and exposure to harsh chemicals and detergents. Manicures and massages, on a regular basis, can stimulate the growth of the nails to a great extent. There are many ingredients that one can use to boost the health of the nails and also to make them grow. These home remedies are the best, the most effective and the cheapest ways in which one can maintain the strength of the nails. Scroll down the article to know more on how you can stimulate nail growth and also a few interesting facts on nails.
Long Nails Ideas
- Combine three tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Soak the nails in this mixture for ten minutes and then dry them with a towel. This is the best home remedy that one can adopt to strengthen and grow the nails fast.
- To heal nail problems and promote growth, soak your nails in a solution comprising of half a cup of tomato juice mixed with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Applying warm olive oil over the nails with a cotton swab is also another effective procedure for nail growth.
- To regain the natural sheen of the nails, rub a slice of lemon over them gently for few minutes and then rinse with water.
- Massage your hands and nails regularly with either flaxseed oil, pumpkin seed oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil or vitamin E oil. These oils are very effective in boosting the growth of nails.
- Make a solution of lavender oil and tea tree oil in equal proportions. Then dilute the mixture with water. Soak the nails for about five minutes. Follow this routine at least once a week to avoid any kind of nail damage and breakage.
- Increase the intake of white tea and green tea. These will improve the quality of your nails.
- Get manicures done, either at home or at salons, at frequent intervals if you want to flaunt healthy looking nails.
- Dig into foods that are rich in Vitamin A, E, B2, B12, C, D, proteins, iron, and calcium. Consume a wide variety of fruits, leafy vegetables, and nuts for not just great skin but also sparkly nails. Plus, for proper nail development drink lots of water throughout the day.
Facts About Nail Growth
- Nails and hair are quite similar as they are made of the same protein called keratin. Nails reflect the state of one's health. Since nails don't have sweat glands, they don't perspire.
- The nail plates, which are dead cells, don't require oxygen and hence, don't 'breathe' contrary to popular belief. However, the nail beds and cuticles rely on oxygen, vitamins and minerals, since they are live cells.
- Nails grow at the rate of 0.1 mm daily (or 1 cm every 100 days).
- Men's nail grows at a faster rate than women's nail. However, finger nails of both genders grow at a higher rate than toe nails.
- The middle finger has the fastest growing nail while the thumb has the slowest growing one.
- Nails that are regularly trimmed and cut grow faster than nails that are not cut often.
- Weather plays a crucial role in nail growth. In warm weather or during the day nails grow quicker than in cold weather or during the night.