Nails are considered to be one of the most important quintessential symbols of our personality and appeal. As such, nails do need to be given a special touch and pampering them on a regular basis is an absolute must. Flaunting beautiful nails painted with vibrant colors has become a very fashionable trend with many celebrities sporting this look. So, an unclipped nail or over grown nail is considered to be an absolute fashion faux pas. Today, there are a wide range of nail treatments you can opt for to promote nail growth and make them shiny and healthy. Besides manicure, you can check out some of the secret ingredients nestled in your kitchen, which will help a great deal in adding a natural sheen to your nails. Cleaning them at least once a week is necessary and should be included as a part of your daily routine. Scroll down the article to check out some of the nail care tips that you can follow on a daily or weekly basis.
Guidelines For Regular Nail Care
Read about weekly nail care tips, guidelines for regular nail care and nail care routine ideas.
Weekly Nail Care Tips
- Eat a well balanced diet complete with fresh fruits, nuts and vegetables so that the body receives all the minerals, vitamins and enzymes. Foods like soy, grains, fish and onions are rich in silicon and sulphur, which naturally make your nails grow stronger and healthier.
- Drink several glasses of water and other fluids. Kick start your morning by gulping a glass of fresh carrot juice every day as it is high on calcium and phosphorous.
- Regular filing and trimming the nails is vital to keep nail disorders and other related diseases at bay.
- Buy a good quality filer and nail clipper and take your own time in grooming the nails. While filing and trimming do not exert too much pressure as it may lead to nail damage or breakage.
- When washing or cleaning it is important to put on gloves to protect the nails from water or any kind of chemicals.
- Going for manicures and pedicures at regular intervals is one of the best ways of pampering your hands and nails as well.
- To make your skin and hand soft, apply generous amounts of moisturizing lotion.
- Avoid using nail polish remover as much as possible since its constant use can make the nail surface hard and brittle.
- Don't file your nails when they are wet or damp.
Nail Care Routine Ideas
- First and foremost, scrape off the old polish with the help of a cotton soaked in nail polish remover and then rubbing it from the base and then, towards the tips of the nails gently.
- With the help of a filer, shape the nails based on your personal preference.
- After filing, the next step would be to soak your fingers in a soapy solution for few minutes to remove all the dirt. After sometime, clean your fingers with a soft nail brush.
- Pat dry your hands using a clean towel and push back the cuticle of every nail carefully. If you want to loosen cuticles, apply a dab of cuticle remover with the help of an orange stick.
- Now, massage your nails with warm oil and wipe thoroughly with a clean cloth to remove traces of grease.
- Select your favorite nail polish and apply a coat of it over your nails. Once it dries, apply another coat and, when it dries, if required, apply a third coat.
- In case your nails are dull, you can prepare a nail whitener at home. All you need is one tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and a cup of warm water. Mix these two ingredients and then soak the nails for approximately fifteen minutes. Another good alternative is rubbing the nails with white vinegar.