Most of us like to adorn our bodies whether it is through jewelry, makeup or accessories. Some people also enjoy the concept of tattoos but they often complain that this art is permanent, painful and difficult. So if you are one of those who is interested in adding a certain 'spunk' to your body and cannot be bothered about it lasting for a life time, then a henna tattoo is probably what you're looking for! Henna tattoos are a great way to decorate the body. They maybe applied for cultural purposes as well as for enjoyment. The tattoo is temporary and can be a good determinant of whether or not a person is committed to getting a permanent one done. The first question that comes to mind is what henna is. Henna/Mehendi is a natural material derived from the dried powder of plant leaves. It often appears as a green powder and leaves a reddish stain on the body. The art originated from the Indian culture and it not only restricted to women but also to men who have been using for several years. Continue reading below to learn more about Henna tattoo art and design.
Henna Tattoo Design
The most natural way of beautifying your body is to go in for Henna Mehndi body art tattoo. Read about Henna tatoo design.
- Henna tattoos are patterns which are drawn on the body in both men and women. These designs are usually intricate and beautiful, sometimes having a particular significance.
- They vary in sizes, from a simple creation to an elaborate one depending on the nature of the occasion. They are extremely artistic in character.
- As it is made from the leaves of a henna plant, it is herbal in nature. This is one of the reasons why people have started resorting to Mehendi tattoos. On the other hand, chemicals used in regular tattooing can be damaging to the skin texture.
- While applying henna, it is a must to look out for allergic reactions. Once you are sure that there is no formation of rashes then your tattoo artist can begin his task and exhibit his creativity.
- There are a number of tools which can be used to help apply Henna. The person preparing the paste needs to be careful of getting stained on unwanted areas. There are bottles and cones available in the market to help you with this process. For example, if you are using paste from a tube then you can apply the colored dye directly from the tube.
- Henna tattoos are interesting to both adults and children. They are a safe and pain-free way of experimenting with different patterns. The sky is the limit as any type of designing is possible! For this reason, there are special henna tattoo packages for birthdays, anniversary parties, hen parties and weddings.
Henna Mehendi Tattoo
- The tattooing can be done using a small paint brush which can be bought from the nearest grocery store. Other options are drawing designs using an eyeliner pencil and then tracing over it with the henna. This way mistakes can be corrected before the final touches.
- Transfer paper can also be used to get the desired designs imprinted on your body. For this purpose, the pattern should be drawn on a paper and then a deodorant is sprayed on the area to be tattooed. It is then pressed with the artist's hand. On removing the paper, the pattern would be visible and the henna is applied all over it.
- After applying the henna, it is left to dry so that it gets absorbed by the skin. Sealant which made of a lemon and sugar mixture is rubbed over the Mehendi to keep it in place. Even a hair spray can be used for this reason.
- Once the sealant settles, the designed hands/legs should be wrapped first with a tissue and then a plastic wrap. This needs to be left overnight. The next morning the wrap is removed. Voila! The tattoo is now visible. This stays on for a period of 8 to 10 days.
The outcome of the henna tattoo largely depends on your skin tone. If you are looking for a good tattoo, then contact professional henna tattoo artist. Flaunt it till you got it!