Beautiful, healthy hair not just gives a woman that look of radiance but also a certain feminine beauty. Long and gorgeous hair helps in maintaining a youthful look just as the saying goes "You're never too old to be young" ~ Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It is important to that you have a specific diet containing the right amount of nutrients to keep your hair looking luscious. For your hair to remain thicker, maintain a correct exercise regime too. A balanced diet and a proactive lifestyle are two major factors that directly influence the health of your hair. A low fibre-high fat diet, illness, deficiency of a certain vitamin certainly affects the quality of hair. It is due to the lack of care that problems such as dandruff, thinning hair, balding or premature graying is more prevalent. Long hair is fun and great while it lasts, but the biggest challenge is keeping it that way for a long time. Continue reading the article below to know more about the various techniques of hair care.
All About Healthy Hair And Hair Care
Here are some hair care tips and guide that tells you all about healthy hair and hair care including how to choose shampoos.
Hair Care Tips And Guide
- Use a wide-toothed comb hair when the hair is wet. Detangle it from the top and work your way very gently to the ends of your hair. It is best done methodically, in sections. Never use a brush on wet locks of hair. This is reserved for the dry hair.
- Cleanliness is the key. Make sure that you wash your hair atleast twice a week so that you remove the dirt, oil and grime. It is not recommended that you wash your more than once a day as this makes it extremely brittle.
- Learn the right time to style your hair. When your tresses are slightly damp, mold it into a particular hairstyle. This prevents hair loss because it does not put too much stress on your hair. If your hair is wet then it will become easier for it to stretch and break.
- Protect your precious locks from the harsh rays of the sun! Elements such as wearing hat, scarves and other headgear to not only protect against the sun, but also during the monsoons and snow.
- Brush before shampooing by making a few gentle strokes on your dry hair. This will help in removing any product buildup and scalp the flakes if any. Putting pressure on your hair stimulates and promotes blood flow to the hair follicles.
- To wash and condition long hair, alternate between the shampoos and conditioners that you apply. The market has emerged with several varieties of natural hair products without the use of harsh chemicals. Add a lemon peel to a 'shikakai' (brown powder from fruit) and 'amla' (gooseberry) mixture while washing your hair.
- Water makes up one-fourth of the weight of a strand of hair! Moisture makes your hair supple, hydrated and also helps keeping the hair silky and shiny. So make sure that you get plenty of fluids. For example, it is said that on an average an individual must consume 8-10 glasses of water.
- Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. The same way, proteins frame the constitution of your hair. How? By giving your locks more strength and reducing the occurrence of snapping and splitting. So, a diet for healthy hair contains a large amount of protein!
How To Choose Shampoos And Conditioner For Your Hair Type
- Oily Hair: A clear and non-oily shampoo is best for this kind of hair. Spray on a conditioner as it allows for easy combing of hair with a non-greasy feeling.
- Curly Hair: A cream-based shampoo is best for people with curly hair. Shampoos that contain shea butter and wheat germ oil are ideal for frizzy and rough hair. This must be followed by the use of a moisturizing conditioner.
- Dry Hair: Dry hair always has a certain amount of roughness that needs to be toned down with a creamy shampoo. This improves its texture too. This treatment should be complemented with a good cream-based conditioner.
- Processed Hair: If you have permed, colored or straightened hair, it needs the extra protection of a gently ultra-moisturized shampoo and conditioner. There are some products available in the market for dyed/streaked hair too.
Giving your hair the attention it deserves will only make it healthier and better looking. Not taking care of your hair can lead to its breakage, formation of split ends, appearance of dull hair and early hair loss. Thus, make it a point to adopt some of the basic principles of good hair.