A variety of hair styles, colors, and trends are growing in popularity each year. The summer sees the likes of hair growing to varying lengths; from curly and wavy to sleek and straight. Soft curls will always remain popular as it creates a romantic image and woman love portraying this gentle and pretty look. Choosing the perfect hairstyle depends on numerous factors such as shape of the face. This plays an important role in deciding what you should get. Along with this, the personality and lifestyle also matters while considering the best hair trends. Now, if you like to wash and condition your tresses everyday then a cropped look is perfect for you. If you are one of those women who has plenty of time then you could go in for longer, straighter hair. The pride of a woman lies in her hair! Regardless of the style, you must remember that your hair needs to be healthy at all times. In fact, most people desperately want strong hair but are unsure of how to achieve it. Continue reading below to know more about hair styling tips and facial shapes.
Hair Styles And Facial Shapes
Read about hair styling tips, hair styles that suit different facial shapes and types of braids.
Hair Styling Tips
- Round Face Shape.For individuals with a rounded face, long and medium lengths of hair with layers are well suited. Avoid short hairstyles such as the bob cut and chin length blunt cut because they do not suit a round face shape.
- Square Face Shape. This face shape is similar to the rounded shape in several ways. Square shaped faces are consecrated with vast cheekbones and bone structure. Therefore, any hair length from short to long looks great. For more stylish looking locks, you can add waves and curls to the ends of your hair.
- Heart Face Shape. Choose softer styles with layers or curls, side partitions and wispy bangs. This will work for women with chin length or longer hair. You want to add width around your narrow chin, avoid short full styles with tapered neck lines that emphasize your upper face.
- Oval Face Shape. You can wear your hair short, medium or long. A wonderful hairstyle for you would be one where you do a side or a center parting and let the rest of your hair hang loosely on your shoulders. In addition, you may also wear your hair slicked or pulled back.
- Triangular or Pear Face Shape. Keep your hair away from your face and ear to widen your forehead. In addition, you should angle your hair towards the chin. Remember to keep your hair length atleast up to your chin. Several layers are recommended. Also, if you let your hair open, tuck it behind your ears so that it highlights your eyes.
Types Of Braids
- English Braid. This is the basic braid also called the common or garden three-strand plait. Beginning at the nape of the neck, this braid is formed with a simple left-over-middle and right-over-middle action. It is secured at the bottom with a rubber band.
- Swiss Braid. It is formed by crossing two braids at the nape of the neck and then bringing them up and around the top of the head and forming a sort of crown.
- Crown Braid. The only difference between a Crown braid and Swiss braid is that the latter is woven around the head in a French braid style whereas the Swiss braid is wrapped around and pinned. It is difficult to get an even crown braid but, if done correctly, the results are stunning!
- Classic or Schoolgirl Braid. Classic braids are achieved by dividing the hair into two equal parts and braiding each side identically. Typically, this type of braid is seen on young girls because of its simplicity and youthful look.
- Microbraids. This is a form of French braid that is done in very small rows across the entire head. Microbraids can last for months but they can also be damaging to the hair. If you have decided on getting this done, make sure that you undo them often to avoid breakage.
A flattering hairstyle can be the single most important part of your appearance. It not shows off your character but it also balances the body, frames the face and complements your clothes and lifestyle!