There's nothing worse than dry, itchy skin! Agree? Then read this: dried up skin can occur during any time of the year, but it is most prevalent during the winters. To avoid the skin from becoming extremely dehydrated, you must take adequate amount of precaution. If the face gets all the attention, what happens to the feet? You might simply wash off your feet when you notice that they get dirty. But even if your feet aren't covered in mud, they still need a really good cleaning to remove dead skin cells. Bad and unhygienic skin is the reason why moisture and bacteria are harbored. This makes your feet itchy and smelly at the same time. Neglecting grooming sessions can result in yellow and chipped nails, thick toenails, dry and peeling skin and basically disgusting looking feet! What you need to do is clean them regularly and your feet are sure to go the distance. Read the section below to know more about washing your feet in an appropriate manner and also, some massage tips for cracked heels!
Foot Care Ideas
Read about the washing tips for your feet, foot care ideas and massage tips for healing cracked heels in this article.
Washing Tips For Your Feet
- Soak your feet in a cold stream or a lake for 10minutes, if you can! Lie down flat and prop your feet up on a pack. Hold this position so as to allow blood to flow away from your feet and reduce chances of a swelling.
- Wash your feet daily in warm soapy water. Avoid soaking your feet for too long as this leads to destruction of the natural oils in your skin. Dry your feet thoroughly afterwards, particularly between the toes.
- Apply surgical spirit between your toes with a cotton bud. This keeps the space between your toes dry and also prevents fungal skin infections from occurring.
- If your skin is too dry then use a small amount of lubricant on the skin. Lamb's wool is a good idea and highly preferable to cotton. If you have a great deal of rough and cracked skin, use a pumice stone, foot file or callous remover to repair this condition.
- Apply a rich foot-moisturizer or certain oils to your entire foot. Massage it in between your toes, around the ankles and the soles of your feet too.
- You can minimize the appearance of corns on your feet by gently filing and smoothing with the soft side of an emery board.
- Foot scrubs are also a good idea. Pay special attention to the heels, top of the toes and the area around your ankles while doing the same. Rinse and pat dry.
- While buying shoes, assess the comfort level before you purchase them. Test them by looking if sides are abrasive to your heels. The heel part of the shoes must be soft and comfortable.
- Rub alcohol on smelly feet after every shower. You may even wear two pairs of absorbent socks for a fortnight incase of excessive sweating.
- Heel fissures are indicators of skin ageing. This could occur due to environmental conditions or uncomfortable shoes. Make sure you keep the feet protected from both!
Massage Tips For Heeling Cracked Heels
- Essential oils are concentrated, botanical oils used for massage and aromatherapy. Before applying, soak your cracked heels in warm water. Use a pumice stone to gently slough off dead skin. Apply a few drops of essential oil on every part of your heel. Wear clean cotton socks to avoid staining furniture or clothing.
- If you do not wish to spend money on getting pedicure treatments then do it at home! For this, put your feet in lukewarm water and add some soap into it. This is so that the dry skin becomes soft and the dirt gets loosened. With the help of a scrubber, polish your feet one at a time. You may also use a pumice stone over your heels. Dry them with the help of a towel and apply foot cream.
- If you have wide gaps in your cracked heels then prepare a healing solution by mixing melted paraffin wax and few drops of coconut oil. Put this solution inside the gaps and within two weeks, watch them vanish!
The trick is not to get too involved with the beauty of your face and forget about feet care! Pamper those appendages in order to avoid problems like cracked heels and remain young forever. Secret revealed!