Grapeseed oil is extracted from the seeds of the grapes, mostly from seeds discarded during the process of making wine. Because of its numerous health benefits, grapeseed oil is the one of the best selling carrier oil that is extensively used in aromatherapy. The antioxidants, vitamins and other nutrients present in the oil makes it an attractive remedy for a variety of skin disorders. From acne to dry skin, from wrinkles to sunburn, whatever be the problem, grapeseed oil is the best solution. Not only does a regular use of grapeseed oil make the skin soft and supple but it also strengthens and fortifies the skin. So, grapeseed oil can be considered as a boon for those looking for a healthy and beautiful skin. For ages, this oil has been used as a treatment for many health problems. To know more on grapeseed oil and its health benefits scroll down the writing below.
Grapeseed Oil Benefits, Uses And Properties
Grapeseed massage oil has the ability to penetrate deeply into the skin. Read about the uses and health benefits of grapeseed carrier oil.
|Botanical Name:||Vitus vinifera|
|Aroma:||Sweet, light and a bit nutty|
|Properties:||Thin in consistency, shiny touch, colorless, easily penetrates into the skin|
|Culinary uses:||Baking, deep frying, preparing salad dressings|
|Other Uses:||As massage oil, in the preparation of hair care products and body creams, and in treating skin disorders|
- Grapeseed oil is widely used in cosmetic industry because of its emollient and moisturizing properties, which helps in making the skin soft and strong. It is also popular for its astringent property which tones the skin besides keeping it tight thus preventing wrinkles and other signs of ageing. Besides these, the linoleic acid and polyunsaturated fatty acid, which are the essential components of cell membrane, present in this oil provides additional nourishment to the skin.
- Grapeseed oil is extensively used for the treatment of acne and many other skin problems. This oil can also be used to treat sunburn and tanning. Thus, because of its property to protect the body from the sun, this oil is widely used in sunscreens. Besides, the oil has several antiseptic properties, which make it suitable for almost all minor skin ailments.
- Grapeseed oil is widely used in aromatherapy, blended with essential oils. Regular body massage with grapeseed oil is enough to take care of your skin and overall health. However, you should first find out if the oil suits your skin as many people can be allergic to it.
- Grapeseed oil acts wonders for the hair and so it is widely used in hair treatments. For shiny and healthy hair, it is essential that it should be treated with oil. Oiling the hair is also necessary to keep the hair free from dandruff, hair loss, hair breakage, split ends and almost any other common hair problems. Massaging the hair and scalp with Grapeseed oil, on a regular basis, will ensure that the hair stays strong and healthy. It is also light and non-greasy and doesn't have the stickiness like other oils.
- Apart from its use in beauty treatments, Grapeseed oil can also be used to address many health problems such as arthritis. Studies prove that the regular use of this oil increases the collagen production, which is essential for maintaining the strength of joints. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil are useful in reducing the joint pains. Intake of one teaspoon of grapeseed oil, in an empty stomach, for seven days can reduce joint pains for those suffering from arthritis. After seven days, half a teaspoon of this oil must be taken until the pain subsides completely.
- This oil is extremely good in lowering the level of harmful Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL), which is the main cause of heart disease. On the other hand, it increases the level of High Density Lipoprotein (HDL), which is also known as good cholesterol as it doesn't clog the arteries. Studies also suggest that grapeseed oil is very effective in arresting the growth of cancerous cells, particularly in the colon, stomach and lungs. This oil can also be used in the treatment of allergies, asthma and poor vision.
- The complications associated with diabetes can be lowered by regular use of grapeseed oil. The linoleic acid present in the oil is believed to be the main reason behind its anti-diabetic actions, which is why most doctors prescribe grapeseed capsules for diabetics.