If you are health conscious and want your family to be safe from many common ailments and heart disease then do try peanut oil. Extracted from the kernel of peanuts, this oil is believed to have originated in Central America but today its usage has spread to various parts of the world including Africa, China, India and USA. This oil is notable for infusing the food cooked in it with peanut flavor and it also gives a fabulous taste. This is especially true when it is used to fry certain foods. In addition to the great taste, peanut oil has a very pleasing and nutty flavor that is very popular among many people. If you like peanuts then you will surely fall in love with this oil and along with the great taste this oil will confer many other health benefits too. If you want to have a closer look at this oil go through the writing below to get more information on the uses, health benefits and properties of peanut oil.
Peanut Oil Benefits, Uses And Properties
Peanut oil has come into prominence owing to the numerous health benefits it provides. Read about its uses, health benefits and properties.
|Botanical Name:||Arachis hypogeae|
|Properties:||Thick in texture, clear in color, oily feel|
|Health Benefits:||Arthritis, Acne, Blackheads|
- Peanut oil is free from trans fat, cholesterol and is extremely low in saturated fats, which makes it one of the healthiest oils. Moreover, the presence of good amount of vitamin E, phytosterols and unsaturated fats such as mono-unsaturated fatty acid makes it perfect for a healthy diet. And peanut oil can be an excellent choice for those craving for fried foods as this oil has a very high boiling temperature and so can be a healthier and delicious alternative to fatty oils. For this reason peanut oil is considered to be one of the best oils for maintaining good health and so it is increasingly used in the diet.
- Using this oil in food not only enhances the taste of the food but it also improves the function of the digestive system and prevents almost all kinds of stomach and digestive disorders such as diarrhea, constipation, stomach ulcers, irregular bowel movement etc. So, if you want to keep your digestive system in top order then better include peanut oil in your regular diet. Since, this oil is very low in Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) and rich in proteins, it is very effective in reducing the bodyweight. Those wishing to build muscle mass will find peanut oil to their advantage. Moreover, there are many other nutrients and vitamins present in it to keep you fit and strong.
- Although this oil is high in fat content, the phytosterols present in it helps in the absorption of cholesterol such as LDL, which is the main reason behind many of the problems associated with heart disease. The mono-unsaturated fatty acid such as oleic acid is the main factor behind the absorption of LDL cholesterol and increase in the level of High Density Lipoprotein (HDL), which is also known as good cholesterol that boosts the strength of the heart and arteries. According to studies conducted by the University of Florida, foods rich in peanut oil lower the risk of heart diseases by 21%. Thus, if you are worried about the health of your family replace the regular cooking oil with peanut oil.
- The resveratrol and polyphenol antioxidant present in the oil prevents numerous health problems such as heart diseases, cancers, and degenerative nerve disorders such as strokes, viral infections and Alzheimer's disease. The resveratrol, present in oil, helps in altering the mechanism of blood vessels and the production of nitric oxide that are essential for reducing the risk of strokes in elders.
- Peanut oil is also used in aromatherapy and is quite popular because of its light nutty aroma. When used in combination with fresh lime juice, it works wonders in protecting the skin from ugly acne marks and black heads. So, body massage with peanut oil can be a very relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
- Diabetics have a cause to cheer as peanut oil, on regular use, improves the insulin level. Various studies have shown that this oil has the ability to bring down the blood glucose level to normal range, thus controlling the blood sugar level in diabetic people.