Walnut oil is expensive, delicate and enriched, which makes it a potent health oil. Usually blended with several other oils, the beneficial effects of walnut oil is really high when used in aromatherapy. From glowing and blemish free skin to healthy and bouncy hair everything can be yours with regular walnut oil massage. Although this oil is costlier than most of the other oils, the long lasting effects of its use and excellent health properties make it worth buying. This healthy oil is extracted from whole nuts. The nuts are usually roasted carefully and then processed to get the oil, which also retains the rich nutty flavor. Along with beauty treatments, the oil can be used for dressing salads, pasta and desserts. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, regular usage of this oil will help you to lead a healthy lifestyle. With all these benefits the demand for this oil is increasing rapidly throughout the world. Follow the writing below to know more on the uses, health benefits and properties of walnut oil.
Walnut Oil Benefits, Uses And Properties
Walnut oil has been popularly used owing to its high artistic value. Read about its benefits, uses and properties.
|Botanical Name:||Juglans Nigra|
|Uses:||Culinary use, body massage, artistic use, medicinal use|
- In culinary, walnut oil is not that extensively used due to its high cost. It has a soft and delicate aroma, which is also a little bit nutty. Walnut oil is not preferred for high temperature cooking as excessive heating can cause slight bitterness and also lead to the loss of the oil's fragrance. So, it is better to use it as salad dressing.
- Walnut oil had been widely used by painters during the Renaissance period because of its ability to dry quickly. It is owing to this quality that it was used as an excellent oil paint thinner and brush cleaner. However, compared to linseed oil, the paint layer produced by this oil is considered to be of inferior quality. Walnut oil is not used to a large extent for commercial purposes, since it becomes rancid pretty fast, if not properly maintained. For aesthetic appeal, artists now go for linseed oil, poppy seed oil, and safflower oil.
- Walnut oil, used in combination with other essential oils, provides a soothing and refreshing feel when used for body massage. Its nourishing and quick drying properties make it most suitable for body massage. It is very popular in aromatherapy as it leaves behind a lasting silky and moisturizing effect on the body. It is because of its moisturizing properties, the oil is used as a key ingredient in many anti-ageing creams and lotions. Apart from this, the oil is widely used to treat several skin diseases like eczema, warts, psoriasis and fungal infections.
- According to various studies, walnut oil is a rich source of antioxidants, which can be helpful in acting against a variety of cancerous cells. In addition, walnut oil is rich in manganese, copper and melatonin, which are essential for maintaining proper body regulation. This oil also helps in lowering the level of endothelin, which is a chemical substance that assists the formation of blockages in arteries. Thus, by including walnut oil in your diet you can enjoy a healthy heart.
- Walnut oil is rich in vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acid, selenium, phosphorous, calcium, iron, and magnesium, which makes it a complete health oil. In addition to its several beauty and health benefits, the oil, when used in preparing foods, adds a delicate flavor, which enhances the taste and aroma. So, despite the high cost of this oil, it makes good sense to include this oil in your daily regime, if not for anything than as a health investment.