Though the feet are not the first thing that we notice in a person, nonetheless they do require proper caring and maintenance. Ugly looking feet with unclipped nails can be a real turn-off and, if it gets noticed, then even your beauty and good dressing sense won't rescue you from unfavorable opinion. Nowadays, pedicure, which involves pampering the feet and toenails, has become an important part of beauty rituals for many. The term pedicure comes from the Latin words 'pedis', meaning 'of the foot', and 'cura', which means 'care.' Besides soothing your senses, this treatment also keeps your feet clean and healthy. Scrubbing your foot is also very necessary if you want to keep your feet clean and glowing. Scrubbing the feet with a gentle brush not only removes the dead skin cells and other microorganisms but also keeps nail infections and foot odors at bay. Fresh foot scrubs can be easily prepared at home using household ingredients. Though salons and spas do offer various types of pedicures and foot scrubs, you can do these at home and very easily too. Scroll down the article to find out how to do pedicure at home and a few foot scrub ideas.
Feet Grooming And Foot Scrub Ideas
Brown Sugar And Oats Foot Scrub
Here are some tips for perfect pedicure, feet grooming and foot scrub ideas and how to do pedicure at home.
Tips For Perfect Pedicure
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Almond or Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oats (finely ground)
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients thoroughly until they become a gooey paste.
- Take a portion of this paste and start massaging your feet in a circular motion for few minutes. Then rinse your feet in warm water and pat dry.
Salt Foot Scrub
- 1 cup Sea or Epsom Salt
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1/2 cup cold Water
- In a bowl, add a cup of salt and two drops of lavender essential oil and combine well. Now, slowly add water till the entire mixture becomes a semi-liquid paste. But, don't add too much water or the mixture will become too watery.
- Rub your feet and soles with the salt scrub in a circular motion. Rinse the feet with warm water and pat dry.
Ground Coffee Foot Scrub
- 3 tbsp Corn Meal or finely ground Oatmeal
- 3 tbsp Olive or Almond Oil
- 2 drops Lavender oil
- 3 tbsp Sea Salt Or Epsom Salt
- 4 tbsp Coffee (ground)
- In a glass jar, take all the ingredients and mix well.
- Now apply this mixture on your feet and scrub gently in a circular motion. Then, rinse the feet with warm water and pat dry. Apply this at least once a week to get the desired results.
How To Do Pedicure At Home
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls
- Epsom salt
- Cuticle stick
- Cuticle cream
- Pumice stone or foot file
- Nail clipper and polish
- Moisturizing lotion
- Exfoliating foot scrub
- The first step involves getting rid of your old nail polish with the help of a good nail polish remover. To do this, take a cotton swab and soak it in few drops of polish remover and rub it over the nails to wipe them clean.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and mix a tablespoon of salt in it. Soak your feet in the bucket for about ten minutes. The warm water and salt will soften the skin and help in removing the dead skin cells.
- Now, gently wipe and pat dry your feet with the help of a clean towel. Once the foot is dry, apply a cuticle cream on the cuticle of every nail. Wait for about three to five minutes to allow the cream to soften the cuticles.
- Take a cuticle stick and push back the cuticle of the each toenail. Be careful not to exert too much pressure when pushing the cuticle back.
- By using a good quality pumice stone, scrub the heels and side of the feet. Brush the feet gently with the stone to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- Cut the nails with the help of a clipper and later file them to get the desired shape.
- Wet your feet once again and dab a small amount of exfoliating foot scrub. Scrub thoroughly and then rinse.
- Dry your feet and apply a moisturizing lotion. You can also use an electric massager to massage your foot to feel more relaxed. Finally, apply nail polish on the toes.