If you are prone to dry and chapped lips then it becomes mandatory for you to take care of your lips. Why? Since they are unattractive and can turn any lip makeup into a mess! Therefore it is important that you look after you lips on a regular basis. Applying lipsticks and other products is not the only path to beautiful lips but also a constant maintenance schedule can transform those lips into healthier ones. Scientifically speaking, our lips do not have any oil glands and hence are dependent on us for external moisturization. Once you become habituated with the use of lip balms then you won't face the problem of parching and desiccation. There are many flavors and types of lip balms, butters and oils that available in various flavours. If you are a regular user of lipsticks, make sure that you use a branded one that is both herbal and has a natural moisturizer. Read the following article for some easy steps on getting luscious and beautiful lips.
Ideas For Defining Lip Shapes
Read about lip makeup tips, ideas for defining lip shapes and how to use lipstick, lip liner and lip gloss.
Lip Makeup Tips
- Select a lip liner that is closer to the shade of your lipstick color. This helps in defining its shape. To make your lips appear thicker, draw the outline just outside your natural lip line. For thinner looking lips, place the outline just inside the normal lip line. Outlining lips also has the function of preventing lip color bleeding.
- The easiest and healthiest way to get a stunning looking lip shape is to drink plenty of water daily. Water has the property of helping in hydration and preventing the lips from getting chapped or cracked.
- Exfoliate your lips like you do with your face! Either you can use a lip salt or you can create your very own exfoliator. To do this, mix a small amount of sugar with olive oil and gently rub it on your lips.
- Choose lip balms with Vitamin E. It forms an excellent cleanser. You can also use almond oil mixed with butter. This when applied at night, leaves you with soft and supple lips the next morning! Shea and Coco butter are great healers of chapped lips too.
How To Use Lipstick, Lip liner And Lip Gloss
- After you have applied a coat of lipstick, make sure that you do not forget to apply a layer of lip gloss over it. This gives it shine, enhances the color also gives double protection to your lips. Lip gloss highlights a woman's best assets – her lips, which appear fuller and more kissable!
- For a long lasting lip color; put on a sheer coat of foundation, dust compact powder on them and then go in for a desired color. This helps the lipstick be visible on dark lips.
- Choosing the right lip color can also be a tricky business! You need to test it on the back of your palm (similar to texture and color of lip) before making the final decision. Remember that the color must complement your complexion. Something that looks good on television might look a little over the top in real!
- When you are filling in a particular color, extract them from tubes. Use a brush to smoothen the color out as this helps the color to spread evenly. Lipsticks can be of glossy, matte, creamy or frost finish. Opt for something that suits your lip type. Two coats are always better than one! The right technique is after the first application, press your lips on a tissue paper and then apply the next one.
- It is also important to pick a lip color that matches the occasion. While a red lips might look sensuous at a party, the same lips will look unprofessional if worn to a business meet. Lighter and nude shades are good for formal occasions and experimenting with more dramatic look will be accepted at informal gatherings.
- Do you want to know an interesting fact? If you are in a hurry and have no time for lip makeup, then worry not! A sheer tinted gloss look can be achieved by sucking on a Popsicle of a desired shade!
You might not be blessed like Angelina Jolie with exquisite lips, but nonetheless, these tips will help you achieve envied and beautiful lips within just a few weeks time.