To get relief from tensions and stress you must try chamomile oil. This oil, because of its many health benefits, makes it a very popular essential oil. There are two types of chamomile oil, namely roman chamomile oil and german chamomile oil. Although, both have almost similar medicinal properties, the structural composition of the two varies a bit. In medicinal and beauty care treatments, both the oils are equally used, as both have strong medicinal properties. Generally, the oil smells of fresh fruit and so it is very popular in aromatherapy. Apart from relaxing the body, it makes the skin glowing and radiant. For instance, from arthritis to stomach disorders and from muscle pains to tooth aches, almost all the day to day health problems can be solved, and that too without any side effects. Moreover, it is extensively used in pain relief sprays. To know more on chamomile oil uses and its benefits continue reading the article.
Chamomile Essential Oil Uses & Health Benefits
Chamomile essential oil has proved its effectiveness in treating several forms of diseases. Read about its properties, uses and health benefits.
Chamomile Essential Oil
|Aroma:||Fruity and sweet|
|Properties:||Antiseptic, Analgesic, Antibacterial|
|Health Benefits:||Acne, Depression, Digestive Problems, Blisters, Gout, Flatulence, anxiety, indigestion, skin disorders|
- The anti-depressant and stimulant properties of chamomile oil are effective in fighting against depressions and stress. The regular usage of this oil is believed to uplift the spirit and reduce anger, disappointment, sadness, sluggishness and the like. In aromatherapy, this oil is used to relax the tired nerves and muscles. So, if you want to escape from stress and a hectic life you should definitely try chamomile oil massage.
- If you are suffering from muscle cramp or pain you must try chamomile oil massage, as the analgesic property of the oil is extremely good in reducing all type of physical pain muscle pain, toothache, headache and joint pain. That is why this oil is used in the in the manufacture of several pain relief creams and lotions. Even many massage clinics include this oil in treatments to provide relief from body aches. So, instead of going for pain killers, you should try chamomile oil.
- Chamomile oil is extremely good for your stomach, thereby, toning your body by boosting the metabolism. Actually, the stomachic properties of the oil promote the secretion of digestive juices, thus maintaining proper functioning of the stomach. The cholagogue property of the oil further promotes good digestion by stimulating the secretion of bile juice, hydrochloric acid and enzymes in the stomach. Therefore, if you are suffering from indigestion don't forget to use this oil. Moreover, being hepatic, the oil is also helpful in maintaining the good health of liver. In total, the regular use of chamomile oil protects you from almost all the problems associated with stomach and liver.
- If you want healthy skin and shining hair, then chamomile oil is the answer. When applied on the hair, you will be blessed with healthy and shining hair as it keeps the scalp free from dandruff and dry scalp. Further the oil also helps to kill lice and mites, so it is often used in anti-lice shampoos. The anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal nature of the oil works wonders in treating common skin problems like acne, eczema, blemishes, redness and many other infections. The oil also serves as a good vermifuge, thereby helping to eliminate all sorts of intestinal worms.
- The oil on regular use cleans the sebaceous and eccrine glands by causing heavy sweating. If you have any infection in your urinary system and kidney, then because of the diuretic property of the oil, it can be used to get rid of such problems. It can also be used against viral infections such as mumps and measles.