The fresh and aromatic geranium oil has created its own place in aromatherapy as it helps in balancing your mind and body. Extracted from the geranium plant, the oil is usually obtained by steam distillation of the flowers, leaves and stems. Although this oil is produced in Egypt, Madagascar, China and Russia, it is the Chinese one which is most preferred in aromatherapy. This is because the Chinese geranium oil is less sensitive on the skin. Regular massage with this oil not only slows several skin conditions like acne, eczema and blemishes but also helps to maintain the overall health of your body. Moreover, if you want a relaxing day out, you must try geranium oil massage as it is suitable for restoring the energy levels after a weeklong stressful work. So, if you want glowing skin and a healthy body then you better use geranium oil. For more information on its properties, uses and health benefits go through the writing below.
Geranium Essential Oil Uses & Health Benefits
Geranium is an excellent diuretic and antispasmodic. Read about its properties, uses and health benefits.
Geranium Essential Oil
|Botanical Name:||Pelargonium graveolens|
|Aroma:||Earthy, Floral and minty|
|Properties:||Antiseptic, diuretic, antispasmodic and antifungal|
|Health Benefits:||Burns, Tonsillitis, Poor Circulation, Eczema, Rheumatism|
- Geranium oil, when used in aromatherapy, has the capability to free your body and mind from any kinds of stress and tension. Moreover, the medicinal properties of the oil are absorbed during the massage, thereby helping to keep your body fit and beautiful. Even inhaling the vapor of this oil is beneficial for added and immediate benefits. A drop of this oil, added to your bathing water, provides a soothing effect on your skin, making it glowing and healthy.
- In any beauty and skin care products, the astringent property is very essential, as it helps to keep your skin young and healthy. Geranium essential oil has excellent astringent properties and so, this oil can be used to boost the health of the skin. The oil has the capability to make the gums, muscles, blood vessels and skin tissues contract, thus, preventing them from becoming stiff. That is why this oil is used in numerous anti-ageing and anti-wrinkle creams.
- Who doesn't want his/her skin to be free from scars and blemishes? In the process of making their skin clean and clear, people spend heavily on costly skin care products but the effect may not be satisfactory every time. So, if you want an effective solution, then you must try geranium oil. Being cicatrisant in nature, regular use of this oil on your skin helps to fade the scars and, in time, you will be surprised to see how radiant your skin has become.
- The best part about using geranium essential oil is that it is antifungal in nature and also possesses antiseptic properties. Being an antiseptic, it serves as an excellent remedy for treating burns and wounds. Thus, the geranium herb is considered to be very useful for medicinal purposes in curing several kinds of diseases.
- Geranium oil is a mild analgesic. Therefore, it is more often resorted to for pains which are related to the nervous system. Talking about the health benefits of geranium oil, it has proved to be extremely effective in providing relief from burns, tonsillitis, poor blood circulation, eczema and rheumatism. The sedative property of geranium oil calms the mind and makes it stress free. It aids in stimulating the adrenal cortex and is often used to balance the generation of androgens during menopause. The terpene content of the oil makes it an excellent insecticide. Thus, it is quite often used for fending off fleas and mosquitoes.
- The pleasing and enchanting aroma of geranium oil definitely has the power to remove all your stress and anxiety. The floral and minty aroma of the oil is used in making deodorants as the fragrance lasts longer and is also very skin friendly. Further, its property of regulating sebum production helps to eliminate body odor and its antibacterial property keeps the under arms fresh and free from bacteria.