If you are looking for that one oil which can help you complete the maintenance of your mental and physical health, then you must try frankincense oil. This oil makes for a hot favorite in aromatherapy and has been in use since ages. The massaging technique followed in aromatherapy leads to wonderful relaxing effects on your mind. This helps in creating inner peace that is very essential for maintaining the health of your body. Even during the times of ancient Egyptians and Anglo-Saxons, this oil was extensively used in cosmetics and fragrances. Today, in the modern world, in spite of many skin care products dominating the market the demand for frankincense oil has not decreased. Moreover, the health benefits of the oil serves as an added advantage. From digestive and respiratory disorders to mental stress and anxiety, almost all mental and physical problems can be solved. To know more on frankincense oil, read on!
Frankincense Essential Oil Uses & Health Benefits
Frankincense essential oil is popularly called Olibanum oil. Read about its uses, health benefits and properties.
Frankincense Essential Oil
|Botanical Name:||Boswellia carterii|
|Aroma:||Fruity, bit spicy, woody, balsamic|
|Properties:||Astringent, expectorant and antiseptic|
|Health Benefits:||Anxiety, Asthma, Bronchitis, Stress, Cough, Scars & Stretch Marks|
- Frankincense essential oil had been in use for centuries. It was first used as incense after mixing with myrrh. Ancient Egyptians used it as an offering to the Gods. Another popular use was as an ingredient of a soothing face pack. Most royal ladies used this oil to get glowing and beautiful skin. It was also believed that the oil can ward off the evil eye. It has a very refreshing, pleasant, woody, balsamic smell.
- The oil is widely used as a sedative. The chemical composition of the oil relieves you from stress and tension, thus making you relaxed and calm. Regular use of this oil guarantees mental peace and alleviates anxiety, anger and stress. So, if you are a victim of hectic life, you must try this oil and definitely the effect will be positive.
- The antiseptic and disinfectant property of frankincense oil makes it a much sought after ingredient in various creams and lotions. It is because of these medicinal properties that the oil is in such great demand. Apart from its use in creams and ointments, the oil is extensively used in body massages. When used on cuts, burns and wounds, frankincense oil heals them miraculously. The oil is equally good on internal wounds as it protects them from infections.
- If you are suffering from frequent indigestion and if none of the medicines are giving you permanent relief, then you must try frankincense oil. The digestive property of the oil cures your problem without any side effects. This the oil does by stimulating the secretion of digestive juices such as bile, acids and gastric juices, thereby facilitating proper digestion. The carminative property of the oil is also responsible for proper digestion, as it helps as it counters gastric problems like gas formation, stomach pain, uneasiness and other problems associated with indigestion.
- Frankincense oil is very effective in relieving muscle pain. It also helps to lessen the pain caused by rheumatism. For rejuvenation, there can be no better idea than to go for frankincense essential oil massage. It has a very peaceful and calming effect on the mind, thus helping to perk up and revive the lost energy. It is very effective in fighting various respiratory disorders and is known to deliver beneficial results in combating anxiety, asthma, bronchitis, stress, cough, scars and stretch marks.
- This oil acts as a healthy tonic, which has the power to boost the health of your body and make it fit for the daily struggles of life. The oil tones up the entire body by strengthening the digestive system, nervous system, immune system and the respiratory system. The oil also helps in the absorption of nutrients in the body, thereby strengthening the immune system.