Because of its excellent therapeutic properties, cinnamon essential oil has been used since ages to cure many common ailments. Usually extracted from the bark or leaf of the cinnamon plant, the oil is known for its warm spicy aroma and various health benefits. It is because of this reason, the oil is extensively used in aromatherapy to soothe and relax the mind and body. Indeed, this oil is so refreshing that inhaling its vapor or simply using it in your bath is enough to dissolve all your tiredness and tension. Cinnamon oil massage, when done by trained therapist, has the power to heal the most common problems such as depression and body weakness. Include cinnamon oil in your diet and you can keep serious problems like heart attacks, diabetes and respiratory diseases at bay. To know more on the health benefits and soothing effects of the oil follow the writing below.
Cinnamon Essential Oil Uses & Health Benefits
The therapeutic properties of cinnamon make it a popular choice amongst other essential oils. Read about its properties, use and health benefits.
Cinnamon Essential Oil
|Botanical Name:||Cinnamomum zeylanicum|
|Aroma:||Earthy, woody, spicy|
|Properties:||Antiseptic, analgesic, aphrodisiac, astringent, antispasmodic|
|Health Benefits:||Flatulence, Rheumatism, Exhaustion, Low Blood Pressure, Stress, Constipation|
- The anti-bacterial and anti-microbial nature of cinnamon oil makes it a strong agent to cure several infections, both internal and external. For the elderly, the oil can be used to provide relief against infections of the digestive track and bladder. Studies have shown that cinnamon oil is very effective against pathogenic organisms.
- The antioxidant property of this oil is very high compared to any other essential oil which is why it can be used to eliminate free radicals from the body. It is extensively used in food industries as a preservative. Moreover, the warm-spicy aroma of the oil gives a particular tang to the food.
- The blood thinning compound present in cinnamon oil improves the blood circulation. Good blood circulation means regular supply of oxygen to your body cells, which is essential for maintaining higher metabolic rate. Proper blood circulation is absolutely necessary to combat many health related problems such as arthritis, obesity etc. Regularly consuming cinnamon oil is known to cut down the risks of heart attack. Thus, if you want a healthy lifestyle, include this oil in your regular diet.
- This oil is a boon for diabetic patients as it helps to control the irregular blood sugar level. Those suffering from type 2 diabetes can find relief from pain and other problems by using cinnamon oil regularly. This is because this oil increases the blood sugar.
- Apart from the rich flavor, adding cinnamon oil to food helps in solving almost all indigestion problems such as upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, flatulence and diarrhea. The carminative property of the oil is very helpful in preventing gas formation in the gastrointestinal tract. Even acidity and morning sickness can be treated by including this oil in your diet. It is because of this, the oil is used in many gastric and acidity relief medicines. So, cinnamon oil is popularly known as a gastric tonic.
- Cinnamon oil is good for maintaining the health of the heart, as the calcium and fiber present in it helps to strengthen the heart. Regular intake of this oil is believed to be extremely good for people suffering from high blood pleasure and coronary arterial diseases.
- Cinnamon oil is known for its warm-spicy and fresh flavor, thus it is widely used in the manufacture of toothpaste and mouth fresher. Moreover, the oil is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which make the dental care products very effective in maintaining the quality of your teeth and gums.
- These days, more and more people are also going in for cinnamon oil massage, because of its soothing, comforting and soporific effects. However, care must be taken because, in spite of its many benefits, the oil might cause side effects on the skin, so it is essential to test the oil beforehand.