Though eucalyptus oil was used for ages to cure various health related problems, it is only recently that this oil found its way into aromatherapy. The oil is extracted from the tall green eucalyptus tree and is particularly famous for its strong aroma. Nowadays, most of the pain relief sprays, anti-dandruff shampoos, mouth fresheners, inhalers and various other ointments use this oil as base because of its therapeutic properties. It is particularly noted for relaxing tired nerves and warming up the tissues and muscles. From respiratory problems to body pains, almost all common health disorders can be treated without any side effects. It is best used as a cure for headaches and opening up the nasal passage during cough and cold. Another main reason why people use this oil for health treatments is its ability to act faster. To know more about the oil and its health benefits continue reading the article.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil Uses & Health Benefits
Eucalyptus has an earthy, woody aroma, which truly refreshes the mind. Read about its uses, health benefits and properties.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
|Botanical Name:||Eucalyptus globulus|
|Aroma:||Woody, earthy, fresh|
|Properties:||Antibacterial, anti inflammatory, antispasmodic, antiviral and antiseptic|
|Health Benefits:||Rheumatism, Headaches, Bronchitis, Sinusitis, Arthritis, Cold and Cough, Fever, Poor Circulation|
- A number of respiratory problems such as asthma, nasal congestion, bronchitis, sore throat, cough and sinusitis can be cured by using eucalyptus oil. The antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antimicrobial property of the oil makes it an important ingredient in many medicines, which are used for treating various respiratory disorders.
- Various studies have shown that cinnamon oil is extremely good in fighting sinusitis and so, most medicines used for treating this problem contains eucalyptus oil as one of the main ingredients. Moreover, patients suffering from sinusitis respond faster to medicines containing eucalyptus oil. Further, gargling with eucalyptus oil mixed with warm water provides relief from sore throat.
- Cinnamon oil acts as a wonderful pain relief agent, so, massaging the affected area with this oil provides instant relief from muscle cramps and the like. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory property of the oil makes it an excellent antidote to treat problems like stiff muscles, aches, lumbago, rheumatism, fibrosis and other nerve problems.
- The antiseptic and germicidal properties of the oil makes it suitable for healing wounds, cuts, burns, sores and abrasions. It can also be used to treat insect bites and stings. If you are going for antiseptic creams, then it is best to choose the one with eucalyptus oil, as the effects works faster.
- One of the main reasons why people prefer eucalyptus oil over other oils is due to its cooling and refreshing properties. If you want to get relief from stress and tension then you must try this oil, as it magically dissolves mental exhaustion and soothes strained nerves.
- Eucalyptus oil can also be used against cavities, dental plaques, unhealthy gums, gingivitis and various other dental problems. Many toothpaste and mouth fresheners use this oil as one of the main ingredients because of its germicidal property and refreshing aroma. It is because of its pleasing aroma the oil is used in air fresher, which not only effuses an earthly smell but also kills germs and bacteria.
- Eucalyptus oil is considered to be a universal oil, as it is extensively used in treating various skin and health problems. Although, the oil can be used directly on the skin, it is often recommended to dilute it with other oils, as it can sometimes result in skin irritation and headache. So, it is better to mix at least a drop of eucalyptus oil with other oils, so that you feel the soothing and welcoming effect of the massage without any irritation to the skin.
- For healthy and glowing hair, it is very essential to have a clean and dandruff free scalp. If all the medications have failed to get rid of dandruff then you must try eucalyptus oil. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of eucalyptus oil works wonders in eliminating dandruff and also boosts the strength and health of the hair. Moreover, the oil leaves a refreshing feel on the hair.