Ylang Ylang, which literally means 'flower of flowers', is an exotic and extremely fragrant essential oil, which can help calm your mind and body. Traditionally, the oil was used in Madagascar and other tropical regions for attracting mates. Today, the oil is just known as the perfect Valentine's Day essential oil. However, most people just use this oil to treat various health problems. For example, if you are searching for oil that can relieve you from mental stress, anger, anxiety and tension, then Ylang Ylang oil is the right oil for you. With anti-depressant and sedative properties, the oil is widely accepted in aromatherapy. It can help soothe you after weeklong hardships. It is said that when used to massage your body, most of Ylang Ylang's benefits get absorbed into your body, making you a lot fitter than you previously would have been. It's balancing and stimulating effects on skin and hair can definitely give you the kind of satisfaction no medicine, cream or shampoo can provide. To know more on this oil continue reading the article.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Uses & Health Benefits
Ylang Ylang essential oil ensures the soundness of mind. Read about the uses, health benefits and properties of Ylang Ylang oil.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
|Fresh, floral, bit fruity
|Hypotensive, antidepressant, sedative and antiseptic
|Anxiety, stress, depression, hypertension
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) is a tropical tree that grows near about sixty feet high. It has beautiful fragrant flowers, from which the ylang ylang essential oil is extracted through steam distillation. This oil was once used by Europeans for hair care and used to call it macassar oil.
- Ylang Ylang oil, when mixed with essential oils like jasmine, lavender, rose, orange, lemon or lime, produces a mesmerizing fragrance, which is often used in aromatherapy to soothe the body and mind. This oil has the property of blending well with almost all types of oils, producing interesting strong fragrances like woody, floral and fruity. It is because of this reason that the oil is widely used in masculine fragrances.
- It is also known for maintaining the hormonal balance by regulating and controlling its secretion. It is believed, that many problems related to the reproductive system, such as impotence, which cannot be cured by medicines, can be solved by regular use of ylang ylang oil. At the same time, the oil can also be used to cure various problems related to high blood pleasure and intestinal infections.
- Ylang Ylang oil acts as a wonderful antidepressant. As such, it can elevate the mood in a jiffy. It has a soothing effect on the mind, providing relief against anxiety, stress, depression and hypertension. The oil is also preferred due to its hypotensive and antiseptic properties.
- Ylang Ylang oil offers numerous health benefits, which explains why it is so popular. The oil is very useful in regulating the nervous system thus, providing a calm and relaxed feel. In women, this oil is especially used in balancing the mood swings during periods. The regular use of ylang ylang oil not only provides relief from menstrual stress but also provides a soothing effect.
- The oil can also be used for maintaining the quality of the skin and hair. Ylang ylang oil has a fabulous stimulating effect on the skin, as it controls the sebum secretion, thereby providing healthy and glowing skin. Ylang Ylang oil, mixed with other essential oils, acts against acne. Regular use of this oil on your hair reduces the split ends and maintains its texture. So, in total, the oil can be used as a complete beauty care solution.
- The antidepressant, antiseptic, hypotensive, sedative, aphrodisiac, anti-seborrhoeic and nervine property of the oil can be well utilized when it is used in aromatherapy. After a weeklong stress and tension buildup, this is the perfect way to explore peacefulness.